notes
From the very first day I worked with Cathy back in 1983, she always wrote notes to herself.
In those days, she typed them. We shared an office and the typewriter was by her desk.
When typewriters went by the way, she would handwrite.
Our last apartment has a metal front door and it always had something attached to it with a magnet. It might be an appointment reminder, a list of places to go, a coupon; you get the picture. This is the reason for her Blog title.
I am finding it very difficult to know what to write, so I will have to sign off for now.
In those days, she typed them. We shared an office and the typewriter was by her desk.
When typewriters went by the way, she would handwrite.
Our last apartment has a metal front door and it always had something attached to it with a magnet. It might be an appointment reminder, a list of places to go, a coupon; you get the picture. This is the reason for her Blog title.
I am finding it very difficult to know what to write, so I will have to sign off for now.
1 Comments:
I didn't realize that she did this! I do remember getting cards from her with a type-written note inside. Usually no capitalization--she could type faster that way.
I too live in an apartment with a metal door now and have occassionally left notes on the back with a magnet for a similar purpose. Usually they're written late, late at night because I have the good sense to know that I won't have the good sense in the morning to remember something.
So late last night, I found myself writing such a note and as I placed it on the door, I thought of how many times Cathy must have done the same thing...
Post a Comment
<< Home